If you work with documents regularly, then you know that notarization is often necessary to ensure the validity of the document. In the past, this meant going to a notary public in person and having them stamp the document. However, with the advent of cloud-based document storage and sharing platforms like CoraLegal, notarization can be done entirely online.
Here we will provide some tips on how to notarize documents when using CoraLegal.
Benefits of Notarizing Documents on the Cloud
The ease of use and convenience of notarizing documents on the cloud makes it the preferred method for many people.
- It is more convenient since you can do it from anywhere with an internet connection. You don’t need to take time out of your day to travel to a notary public.
- It is more secure since it stores the document on a secure server. There is no risk of it being lost or stolen.
- It is more cost-effective since there are no fees for traveling to and from the notary public.
What is CoraLegal?
If you work in the legal industry, chances are you've heard of CoraLegal. CoraLegal is a cloud-based Client Portal designed specifically for the legal industry. It allows users to share files safely and securely, and to keep their documents organized.
How to Notarize Documents on CoraLegal
Notarizing documents on CoraLegal is easy and can be done entirely online. Simply follow these steps:
- Upload the document you need to notarize to your CoraLegal account.
- Initiate Electronic Signature, include the clients who need to sign the document.
- Select a notary public from the list of available notaries.
- Save and send the document for notarization.
The selected notary will get notification by email. The notary can then setup a time to meet with the clients over a video conference call to verify their identity and enable electronic signatures for the clients to sign. Once the clients sign the document, the notary can notarize the document electronically by signing and affixing the notary seal. The notary can also make an entry into their electronic Notary Journal maintained in the CoraLegal Notary Portal. Signed and Notarized documents are stored securely in your CoraLegal cloud folders.
Tips for Notarizing Documents on the Cloud
Here are some tips to keep in mind when notarizing documents on the cloud:
- Make sure the document is in PDF format. This will ensure that the notary public can open and read the document.
- Fill all required fields out before scheduling a notary appointment. This will make the process go more smoothly.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel your notary appointment, be sure to do so at least 24 hours in advance. This will give the notary public time to find another client.
- Be sure to have all required identification with you when you meet with the notary public. This includes a passport, driver's license, or state ID.
Top Notarizing Platform
Notarizing documents on the cloud is a convenient and secure way to get work done. CoraLegal is the preferred choice for many people who need to notarize documents because it offers a convenient, secure, and cost-effective way to do so. With its easy-to-use interface and notarization features, CoraLegal is the best way to notarize your documents. Follow these tips to ensure that your experience is smooth and hassle-free.